Tuesday 31 January 2012

Portfolio

Hope your all well!
As you can guess by the blogg tittle "confessions of a fashion lover" I am absolouteley crazy about Fashion. I know its something that I wish to do in my future and so I hope to join a university in September.
Some of you guys might have the same aspiration and so I thought that I would show some images of the portfolio (as I hope it helps, for me it was a struggle because I could find no place to start).
The themse (which you will see) is Culture and so I choose to look at the Indian culture as their clothes are quite different from the clothes we all wear in Britain today.
Enjoy :)


The theme was East meets West, so the mood board was based on
westernclothing. As  you can see, it rangesin colour, clothing items
and accessories. This could be a good start for you as a mood board
helps to inspire the future collection!



These were just ideas that were inspired from the mood board above.
Again the ideas are western due to the mood board.

I researched some designers and found Sobia Nazir. She is well known for her
collections and catwalks and so I chose her as I believed her designs would
inspire me.

These are some sketches I made from being inspired by Sobia Nazir.

Next I chose to look at Mariyam Haroon as she is well known for mixing
both Western and Eastern trends in her clothing.

These were the sketches I made based on inspiration from Mariyam Haroon.
This is a piece from the final collection which has been made.

Again, this is a piece from the final collection.

Another piece from the collection.


















So I hope you guys have found this useful.
If theres any questions that you want to ask, then just e-mail me on 0593monkey@gmail.com
x

No comments:

Post a Comment